Logistics - International Management & Consulting MBA
Profile and content
The online programme “Logistics - International Management & Consulting MBA” has been designed for professionals who have graduated from any disciplines. The objective of the programme is to help you obtain a greater understanding of the various areas within logistics while at the same time developing your skills in the fields of management and consulting as well as preparing you for leading or senior management positions, respectively.
Logistics is one of the fastest growing industries on a global scale, offering many various career perspectives. With an increasing demand for logistics managers with an international background, professional experience or a degree that is recognized across borders can be an important proof of your qualifications.
This is why we have developed a custom-made MBA programme offered online via distance learning. It has specifically been tailored to logistics managers handling processes at the interface of different disciplines. Relevant fields such as management competence, consulting knowledge and social skills have been added to the traditional areas in teaching logistics consisting of business administration, IT and technology.
Graduates of this international programme are highly in demand as executives or project managers in a variety of fields in industry and trade (e.g. transport, reverse logistics, etc.), but also in services and consulting. The compact hands-on curriculum allows future graduates to acquire relevant strategies, techniques and skills they need for their respective jobs.
- General Management: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Operations Management, Information Management and Human Resource Management
- Intercultural Competence & Soft Skills: Change Management, Business Ethics, Dialectic - Rhetoric
- Extralogistics: Supplier Relationship Management, Distribution Management, Transport
- Project & Change Management
- Intralogistics: Elements of Intralogistics, Logistics Systems in a Digital Factory, Production Management
- Logistics Management: Lean Management, Logistics Controlling, Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Consulting: Areas of International Consulting, Logistics Management Consulting, Knowledge Management
Applicants must be in possession of the following qualifications, respectively
(a) Postgraduates (with academic degree stating 210 ECTS credit points)
- academic degree with a grade of at least 2.5; and
- work experience (at least 1 year) after the first academic degree in the fields of business administration, technology or IT, respectively;
- documentary proof of English language skills equating at least with level C1 (CEFR) or equivalent;
- students with a grade lower than 2.5 need to take an admission test;
- students whose degree states only 180 ECTS credit points have to take an oral exam.
(b) Students without academic degree
- university entrance qualification;
- significant executive work experience (at least 3 years) closely allied to the study program in the fields of business administration, technology or IT, respectively, as well as experience abroad;
- admission test;
- documentary proof of English language skills equating at least with level C1 (CEFR) or equivalents.
(c) Graduates of a German Cooperative State University holding a “Diplom”
- see lit. (b)
The programme normally carries 90 ECTS credit points, the degree Master of Business Administration (MBA) being awarded after graduation.
This degree qualifies for access to positions in higher civil service and/or doctoral degree programmes.
Tuition Fees: 2250 € / semester
plus social contribution to Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society, University of Applied Sciences to the amount of approx. 130 € /semester
You can find out about funding opportunities for continuing education in Germany here, such as tax deductibility or educational leave. The information is only available in German.
details and procedure
The four-semester distance learning programme consists of six modules and a thesis (students whose degree states only 180 ECTS credit points have the opportunity to take an extra-module).
The programme combines self-studying with online instruction.
Students receive material by mail correspondence for self-study and work on the assigned problems, case studies and questions.
During these phases, our e-learning platform offers opportunities for group study as well as for the purpose of exchanging information.
The teaching content is then complemented by supporting online workshops and seminars.
The programme is offered by Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society, University of Applied Sciences, in cooperation with the Graduate School Rhein-Neckar and the zfh and is accredited by FIBAA.
Programme Director is Professor Dr. Sabine Scheckenbach.
Applications are usually possible and recommended for a start in winter semesters.
Application period: 1st April to 30th June
The courses will start in October.
If desired, applicants can also be admitted for summer semesters.
Application period: 1st October to 31st December
The courses will start in April.
Our brochure will give you a summary of the programme.
How does distance learning work?
Please note that this video is in German. It gives you an overview of the concept of distance learning in the zfh university network. Be inspired and learn more about the advantages of distance learning for your career.